Getting your real estate license is easy. Well at least for some. I have always said, “taking the real estate exam was one of the hardest exams, I ever took”. But who new, that once you become a licensed agent, you have to learn the business of real estate.
The first few steps in real estate
- Interview with many real estate brokerages – You don’t know what you don’t know. In 2001, only one real estate agency called me back to interview. So that’s the company I signed with. I am not disappointed, I learned a lot and that company trained me. Wherever, you sign up, make sure you get training. It’s not about the money. If you don’t learn the business, learn how to generate leads, help clients buy and sell homes, create a seamless process, build relationship, you’ll be looking for a “real job”.
- Choose the best brokerage for you. I highly recommend a company that has education.
- You’ll have to pay for your license and sign up with your local association. You’ll also be added to your state and the National Association of REALTORS®.
- Sign up for training at your new company, association training, and technology training.
- Take every MLS class available. If you don’t learn how to use the mls, it’s like owning a business and not knowing where the inventory comes from.
- Get to the office early and watch the top producers. Or maybe stay late.
- If you want to build a successful real estate business, you must be willing to learn.